A.D.S. 2000 – A revolutionary anesthesia product for the small animal veterinarian.
Introducing the A.D.S.2000 Anesthesia delivery system from Engler Engineering Corporation. The A.D.S.2000 will change the way gas anesthetics are administered to small animals.
What is the A.D.S.2000 and what is its purpose?
- The A.D.S.2000 is an anesthesia delivery system, which allows the small animal practitioner to avoid many common problems associated with controlling the depth of anesthesia given to their patients. With conventional anesthesia machines the patient will often “go too deep” decreasing spontaneous respiration. The veterinarian then decreases the anesthetic level, which results in the patient “going too light”, so the anesthesia level is then increased. This cycling often causes disruption in the surgical procedure being performed and requires constant doctor and technician attention. The A.D.S.2000 maintains your patient on a constant plane, thus eliminating this cycling by controlling the respiration of the patient, reducing the risk of respiratory failure.
- When using the A.D.S. 2000, open chest procedures and anesthetizing patients with compromised respiratory systems become routine and not “an adventure”.
- The A.D.S. 2000 automatically monitors the patients breathing when the system is in use. The system allows the patient to breathe spontaneously and will take over the breathing function like a respirator, automatically, if the patient cannot breathe on its own. The patient can be safely maintained at a deeper level of anesthesia without relying on spontaneous respiration.
The following lists only some of the A.D.S. 2000 features:
- Is microprocessor controlled and completely electronic.
- Performs a self-diagnostic test each time it’s activated
- Upon startup the self-diagnostics will detect leaks, low or no oxygen flow or other common anesthesia problems and compensate for many problems automatically.
- The backlit liquid crystal display shows all parameters at all times.
- Displays respiratory pressure continually as a bar graph.
- Can be used on patients from under 1 Kg to 68 Kg.
- Automatically sets breathing parameters after entering patients weight into the system however parameters may be changed any time during the procedure.
- Can be used to mask down and maintain patient on a mask.
- Has a fill and hold mode for Thoracotomy.
- Eliminates the need for flow meters and absorbers thereby drastically reducing your cost.
- Can be used with any precision vaporizer.
- Contains an internal 12-hour battery back up allowing the unit to be completely portable also providing protection against power failures and blackouts.
- Is equipped with a flush function that once activated will clean the unit gas pathways.
- EMC resistant. Unit can work next to an electrosurgery machine.
- Can change from negative to positive end-expiratory pressure (PEEP mode) on demand.
- CE, FCC & ICES-003 compliant.
CARDIAC FUNCTIONS AND OTHER VITAL SIGNS SHOULD ALWAYS BE MONITORED DURING ANY SURGICAL PROCEDURE WHETHER USING THE A.D.S. 2000 OR ANY CONVENTIONAL ANESTHESIA SYSTEM.